יום שלישי, 15 ביולי 2014

44e sketchcrawl in Paris

As I am in Paris this summer, I went to join the Urban sketchers Paris 44th sketchcrawl in the area of the Eiffel Tour and Quai Branly's museum this last saturday… This was my first sketch meeting with the parisian group, which is funny because I come back quite regularly in my home town.

To draw the Eiffel Tour is according to me one of the most tricky exercice I could imagine, as you can see in the following pictures I cheated as much as I could, drawing only part of it ! As a matter of fact, this tour is so well know in its proportions than any small mistake makes it looks like ridiculus. My goal was not to draw all the details which is impossible because this architecture is very sophisticated, but try to find ways to evocate more the general form of it…

The line to go up the Eiffel Tour - Driftwood and japoneese black ink

This father was doing a selfie with his son in front of the Tour, I just had to add them to my drawing but I didn't plan it in the first place ! After the father and the son realised that I was observing them and came to me very surprised that I catched their moment of intimicy !

To draw parisian architecture, the "Haussmannien style" is also very intimidateing for me, I know it so well, it's so full of details, I never know from where to start, same feeling than to draw the portrait of someone you know very well…


Here are some pictures taken by Kim Marohn, who organizes the UsK Paris sketchcrawls



One of the sketchers that was drawing with us
The meeting was very long:  starting at 10:30, then the lunch together and a last meeting at 18:00… Then I decided after the lunch time to see a bit this Museum of Quai Branly with a very interesting architecture


After this drawing I had to leave, but as I was walking to my bus station, I couldn't resist to sketch some funny scene…

Don't think we still have carriages in Paris to circulate… But because I love horses, I was happy to see one respecting the traffic lights !

Waiting for my bus I had the time to sketch this young man. He was enjoying so much the first sun after a long week of rain, eyes closed, that he didn't see at all that I catched this moment !


תגובה 1:

  1. Sketching famous iconic places is one of the hardest tasks, and you solved it beautifully - in every sketch Eiffel Tour seemed from different point of view and in different technique!
    I also love a lot the portrait of one of the Parisian sketchers.
    Great representation of USk Israel! waiting for the more French stuff!

    השבמחק