יום חמישי, 4 באפריל 2013

Portraits

When you have a new baby at home, it's quite difficult to get your 2 hands free… Then, if you want to keep on drawing, you have to learn how to do it with a baby sleeping in your arm and even sometimes breathfeeding at the same time you're sketching !


Here are 2 sketches I did before baby was born… Portraits of her big brother of 2 years and a half old, sleeping (otherwise, he moves too much !)
Here is the new baby, Naya, one month

Then the family start to come to help you and you have new models…
My sister Virginie reading in bed


My mother Dominique



Again the big brother drawing in a restaurant in Batiam




5 תגובות:

  1. Beautiful! I also used to sketch while breastfeeding or when my son fell asleep next to me. I had tiny sketch books and lots of colored pencils. It was one of the things that kept me sane after my first son was born...

    השבמחק
  2. Really great! these sketched memories are better than photographs, aren't they?

    השבמחק
  3. Sure Marina, because you remember the circumstances of the drawing much more than for a photo.
    Exactly Rachel, trying to stay sane, this is what it is about, héhé

    השבמחק